Patient Care Specialist Program (PCS)
Patient Care Technician Program (PCT)
Nurse Aide / Assistant Program (CNA)
Throughout our history, NAT has played an important role in providing NYC with Nursing Support and Allied Healthcare professionals in addition to continuously evolving to meet the needs of the employers, clients, corporate organizations and students who have partnered and also became affiliated with us.
- 1998 – New Age Training was established and began operating under this name. Prior to that, in the early 90s, NAT did business under the name Perfect Knowledge, but at that time the school provided instruction in the IT field with classes such as Project Development, Business Management and Oracle.
- 2008– Based on 8th Ave at the time, NAT’s first healthcare program is implemented. CNAs become the vast majority at the school as we are approved to accept vouchers from WF1 and VESID.
- 2009 – PCTs are in high demand so we developed a hybrid program called Nurse Aid Advanced with allows students to take both the CNA and PCT courses along with all of the necessary certifications.
- 2010 – Allied health becomes more of a focus and the Medical Assistant program is introduced.
- 2016 – Clinical Medical Assistant and Patient Care Specialist programs are approved and offered.
- 2017 – HHA and Dialysis Tech programs are approved and offered.
Mission and Values
The mission of New Age Training is to instruct interested individuals so that they may develop all of the necessary skills and tools to pursue careers in the medical field. As an independent, coeducational institution of specialized higher learning, New Age Training is dedicated to providing quality educational and training opportunities to those individuals seeking the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain entry-level employment in allied health or related professions or become further credentialed to advance their career, and to equip graduates with skill-specific expertise, a firm academic foundation and the professional standards required to gain a competitive edge in the workforce.
Whether you are a beginner or are already trained in the field, New Age Training offers a variety of courses for individuals looking to become certified and further their professional skills and career.
New Age Training Staff Goals
To support the school’s mission, the faculty and staff are committed:
- To provide programs of study that are educationally sound, up-to-date, of high quality and demonstrably effective to prepare our graduates for the current job market.
- To maintain a clear and consistent admissions process that accurately represents the institution while producing enough enrollments to sustain the institution’s financial stability.
- To ensure proper and ethical administration of all financial aspects of the institution.
- To establish and maintain effective and constructive long-lasting employer relationships or networks that will result in achieving externship and employment placement goals. This will ultimately ensure the success of our students and graduates.
- To provide effective student services that recognize individual differences and to ensure successful student retention, graduation, and employability where applicable.
Accreditation and Approval
New Age Training is registered as a Business School with the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS). New Age Training is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET).
Memberships and Affiliations
New Age Training is an associate member of the Coalition of New York State Career Schools. Our center is an Approved Regional Testing Site for the following:
- NYS CNA Certification Exam
- National Healthcare Association (NHA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
New Age Training is affiliated with American Medical Technologists certification agency (AMT) and has a partnership agreement with AMT.
We are approved to provide training for international students with an M-1 Visa and can also issue the I-20 form.
Holiday / School Closing
- New Year’s Days (Dec 31 & Jan 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday
- President’s Birthday
- Passover Day
- Good Friday Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Rosh Hashana Day
- Yom Kippur Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Days (Thurs & Fri)
- Christmas Day